January 13, 2012

Raikkonen ignoring comeback critics



Kimi Raikkonen says that any negative comments about his return to Formula One have "no effect" on him.
After two years away from the sport Raikkonen will return with Lotus (formerly Renault) this season. Following a seat fitting for the team, Raikkonen told the official Lotus Renault website that he doesn't pay attention to any comments - positive or negative - because he isn't interested in other opinions as long as he is happy.

"It has no effect on me," Raikkonen said. "Sometimes you hear some nonsense and sometimes you hear nice things. The main thing is that coming back is what I wanted and I have a good opportunity with the team so I'm happy. I have never really looked at what people say or think. I do my own thing and as long as I'm happy with it then that's the main thing for me."

Raikkonen also said that he was pleased to be back and involved with the pre-season preparations.

"There has been quite a bit of noise in the press about my comeback and there have been a lot of rumours. For me, coming back to Formula 1 is a good thing and I hope it will be for the team and the fans also! I love this time of the year at the factory. There's a real buzz surrounding the new car, every single department is working flat out in order to have everything ready on time. You can really feel people's dedication and it's nice to be a part of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment